Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Brain and The Heart

Intellect (brain) one day said to the heart:
'I am a guide to those who have gone astray

Though bound to earth I reach the heaven above
I am destined in the world to show the way

I am the interpreter of the book of life
I am an attribute of divine display

You only a drop of blood
I am the envy of ruby's ray'

'This is all true', replied the heart
'But look at me, be as it may
You look at life's trauma and drama
I see through life's white and grey

You deal with outer manifestations
And I am aware of the inner fray

Knowledge is to you, intuition to me
You seek God, I show you how to pray

Limit of wisdom is restless doubting
I am cure for the malady of dismay

You are a lantern to illuminate a spot
I am a lamp to illuminate a path

You deal with time and space
I deal with Judgement Day

To what lofty place do I belong?
I am the pedestal of God Almighty, I say'

Aql aur Dil (Intellect and Heart) by Mohammad Iqbal

No comments:

Post a Comment