Saturday, July 16, 2005

Tempting Heart



Suddenly I feel the urge to write about the movie that I really adore. I did not know for many times I have watched Tempting Heart; starring Gigi Leung and Takeshi Kaneshiro. I watched it again yesterday. It really moves me everytime I watch it. I don't know whether it is the actors, the story line or the song that has stolen a glimpse of my heart to watch it over and over again.




Well it is a typical love story but the way Sylvia Chang directed has a certain magic that makes me really feel the presence of the characters. The background was based in 1970s where a high school girl and a college guy caught in a triangle of love but was disapproved by the gal's mother. They parted but met again in later years in adulthood. I do not want to act as a movie reviewer here. I am just writing how this movie moves my heart.



I watch this movie whenever I needed something to soothe me and whenever I am lonely. This movie defined love and how it should be (according to the director at least!)I always has this inclination towards Hong Kong movies rather than Hollywood movies.



"If it wasn't for writing this script,
I may never look at things from another perspective,
We're all the same,
Busy looking after ourselves,
Busy making a living,
We hardly look at things through other people's eyes,
So our world gets smaller and smaller,
Things slip away unnoticed,
And our fate changes its course without our knowing it,
Who among us can say we've lived a life without regrets."

-Sylvia Chang

No comments:

Post a Comment