Friday, July 09, 2004

My Sister's Beautiful Mind

Yi Shuang always leaves an unforgettable memory in me through her wisdom and maturity. With the fact that she is younger than me, I'd say that she knows more than me in terms of appreciating friendship and human nature. Ever since I know her in 2001, she has left a deep impact in my life as to how beautiful a human being can be. She once mentioned that I am as though like a tree can't wait to reach the sky when we supose to leave a memo to each other telling them what we feel about them at the end of our foundation year. I still keep that little piece of paper.



Even though that she is now in New Zealand pursuing her studies and I am stuck here in this peacefully boring place in one corner of Australia, I still treasure her wisdoms through her e mails. Hers is the only e mail that I seldom delete them from my inbox. I was just wondering how wonderful human mind can be. She indeed has a real dignified and wonderful frame of mind to look at things from different angle. I was reading this Dale Carnegie and he mentioned that the ability to see things from other people's perspective is a wisdom.She savours everything she sees and does. As far as I am concerned, she never did grumble over anything.

I'd like to dedicate this column to her and hope she can cherish the world with her mind that is full of wonder and beauty. I try to learn from her and I think now I begin to appreciate the thing that around me. We just need petty sacrifices as Emerson put it. Through her marvellous and magnificent way of looking at things from a dazzling perspective, I learn to appreciate life more than I ever have before. These principles and values in her somehow makes me think that she is older than me that makes her my 'sister'.

* To see something through a child's eye is wisdom but to behave in a childish manner is folly.

No comments:

Post a Comment